As a leading UK law firm, we’re in a fortunate position to be able to really make a difference to people’s lives. We have a CSR programme that centres on four key areas.
Many worthwhile causes need legal advice but don't have the money or access to funding to pay for it. We support a variety of projects every year, providing our time and skills pro bono to charities and not-for-profit groups.
Our people have skills and energy that can make a real difference to the communities we’re based in. By working alongside local charities, schools and not-for-profits, we’re able to focus our efforts and resources for the greatest impact.
Our Charitable Trust supports causes ranging from community foundations through to match funding and donations for group and individual fundraising events. Many employees are enthusiastic fundraisers, as well as participants in workplace giving. We regularly support organisations including Shelter, IntoUniversity and the UEA Scholarship Fund.
We are always looking to improve our environmental performance. This includes reducing our energy consumption, recycling and reusing, promoting sustainable travel and procurement. We are a member of the Legal Sustainability Alliance, a group focused on working with other law firms to create action on climate change. In the last 12 months, we have reduced our Carbon Footprint by 30%, through initiatives including:
- Our procurement policy takes into account the environmental impact of purchased goods and services.
- All staff have been issued with a KeepCup to encourage using own cups for coffee shops.
- No waste from our offices goes to landfill.
- Video conferencing facilities have been upgraded in all offices reducing the need for interoffice travel.
- We replaced and upgraded server hardware in our data centre for more power efficient models.